JUNE 3-5, 2018
CCA Conference “TRUST”
Speaker Submission Form
The June conference will be here before you know it. This year the themes will be similar in the sense that we want to nourish the ministry, business and artistic needs of the members. This year the theme is TRUST. Keep that in mind when submitting a proposal. The more you can tie into that theme, the better.
Do you have a lesson, skill, technique or strategy you feel would enhance the journey of our members? Whether you need a full-blown break out session or just a quick few minutes to impart that wisdom – we want to hear from you!
If submitting for the conference, you should be a member in good standing (dues paid for 2018). And if at all possible, already registered for the conference.
If you would like to speak at the conference, here are the steps you need to take to be considered.
---------------- SPEAKER SUBMISSION FORM -------------
Submit the information detailed below, by email to: ChristianComedyAssociation@gmail.com
Pick the category that best suits your topic:
a) Ministry. Using your talents to further a ministry, mission or purpose.
b) Business. Approaches, strategies, methods or systems for getting work.
c) Art. How to become a better writer or performer.
d) Other (please describe)
2) What is the title of your session (or at least the primary focus).
List the three key takeaways for those who attend your session. What will they learn, know, or understand, that they didn’t before?
Describe why you have expertise in this topic (assume we’ve never met. How would you describe your background and how you came to know this topic so well?
5) If you have given this talk before, please describe where, when, and provide a reference from that event. No worries if you haven’t, that won’t stop us from considering you.
6) Please describe the flow of your presentation (Lecture, Workshop, Q & A, PowerPoint). If it will be a combination of the above please list the percentage you anticipate for each element: (EX: 20% Lecture, 80% workshop)
7) The breakout sessions are slated for 45-50 minutes. Please let us know if you are willing to share a breakout with another person who has a similar focus or topic points.
a) Yes, I can split or share time with another great individual
b) No, I need every second of that 50 minutes to get my point across
I am not sure, but I am willing to entertain any possibility
Feel free to list any further information about your session that you think would be helpful below: ____________________________________________________________________
8) Do you have an incredible piece of information that you can impart in 6 minutes or less? There may opportunities for a “speed round variety session” at various points in the conference. Specifically, I’m thinking about Tuesday afternoon.
9) This year we will be recording sessions to be made available after the conference as a "digital conference" for a small fee. This will allow you to attend any session you want during the conference and pick up the extra sessions you missed after the fact. It will also allow members who were unable to attend in person a chance to learn and better themselves. With that in mind, are you willing to allow your session to be recorded and made part of this package.
[ ] YES [ ] NO
Thank you for your willingness to lead a session at the CCA Conference. As you can imagine, we can’t take everyone who wants to speak. Every effort will be given to assemble the best sessions, based on need and fit with expressed wishes of the conference planners. As a speaker, you are agreeing to donate your time and talents for the betterment of the entire group. Trust me, it is totally worth it.
If you are interested in speaking at the conference, please go ahead and become a “member” of the association by paying the annual dues of $75. And, if possible, register for the conference as well. It helps to know that you will be attending the conference before we settle on the speakers.
Please submit this information to ChristianComedyAssociation@gmail.com no later than March 1. You will be notified by April 1st if your session was accepted.
1st Servant, Christian Comedy Association